Sunday, February 26, 2012

February Begins...



February 1: The tales of a teacher. I always say I should write a book. I was reading a test today and it dealt with States. The student turned to me and asked how many states there were....they lost track! Keeps me on my toes and can see why I'm exhausted by the end of the day!!
Just in case you wanted to know!!  


February 2: Going with my new Pinterest rave-- I took off my fake nails. First time in two years they kinda needed to breathe. So I decided to try a newspaper nail. You will need: a clear base coat, white nail polish, newspaper, and a top coat.

Steps: 
1. Paint a base coat. I used a nail strengthener due to having fake nails for so long.
2. Paint the color white. Allow to dry.
3. Dip nail in rubbing alcohol for 3 seconds.
4. Rip a section of newspaper (2x3) is plenty for each nail. I would do this prior to painting. Once you have dipped your nail then press the newspaper on your nail and remove. The print will transfer to your nail.
5. Put a top coat on so the newspaper print does not come off!
Newpaper finger nail polish!

February 3: Date night with friends never goes as planned, but random nights are the best!! We decided to head to my old stopping grounds of Vermillion to eat at a steakhouse. I was excited to go and some of my good friends finally get to meet Rick. We headed up with another couple. Went to the Varsity first- love my old local bar. Having fun and waiting for are other four couples to get there for are reservations. We get a call five minutes before our reservation that they are running late due to someone getting called in to work. We stayed and the water was tasting amazing!!! The others decided to go to a local country club due to the crappy weather and being late for our own reservation. We decided to head to the country club on our way back a car didn't make the turn and went right into the corn field.. Yep, a corn field! I do live in the Midwest!!! We stopped but they were pushing their car so continued on our way!!! We ended up being the only ones in the county club that night. It was nice to be with friends while people waited on us and we could be loud!!! Result of the night=random night-success!!


February 4: One more week till I get to bottle my beer!!!
Stank is still waiting!!!


February 5: Superbowl Sunday! Since the Steelers are out, I watched it for the ads!! My favorite was the M & m one!!!




                        




February 6: The day after the Super Bowl should be a national holiday. Everyone needs the day off!!


February 7: Have I told you I'm in a women's bowling league?? Twice a month I drive to Vermillion, South Dakota to bowl. I have been doing it for 5 years and there is NEVER a dull moment on a Tuesday!

My shoes!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you bowled... You are just like dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought you knew!!!! Since I moved out here! Don't be jealous that I don't need bumpers!!!

    ReplyDelete